공지사항

Journey to Pyongyang

페이지 정보

작성자 관** 조회 1,792회 작성일 20-11-10 10:21

본문

Dear advisors and friends,

Hope you are well with the family.

I, together with 2 colleagues from the Society, have just been to Pyongyang, North Korea for 5 days from Apr. 26th till 30th.

We were members of a delegation, composed of 15 people from the Association of National Patriots Descendents and Dangun(founder of Korea) Race Unification Consultation Committee, visiting Pyongyang for visits of historic sites in North Korea and discussions with North Korean authority on the exchange of visits and joint events at civilian level.
This was the first visit by Korean delegation to Pyongyang since the new government in the South has been in the office.

We have visited all the notable historic sites in North Korea including Kim Il Sungs birth place, Juche Tower, Triumphant Tower, Dangun s tomb, tomb of the founder of Koguryo dynasty, Daedong River, Eulmildae, one of the most beautiful natural scenes in Pyongyang looking over Daedong River, East Gate of Pyongyang, built in 2000 years ago, Moranbong Theatre where NY Phil. performed recently, and most importantly Myohyang-san Mountain(1909 meters), one of the most beautiful mountains in Korean peninsula, where North Korean Governmemnt displayed more than 220 thousands of gifts given to Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il by foreign distinguished visitors including Jimmy Carter, Billy Graham, in a building with 4 or 5 stories underground.

We really enjoyed visiting historic sites and scenic views, and watched circus, known as the best performer in the world, also became close to North Korean counterparts, whose habits and behaviors were just like ordinary koreans in Seoul, when we bid the farewell after 5 days.

We discussed with North Korean counterparts on several important issues which I can not reveal here.
As for the Hulbert, I delivered a number of books and writeups of Dr. Hulbert to them for their studies
and asked them to officially honor him as the National Patriot by the North Korean Government.
My counterpart, whose father was a friend of Kim Il Sung and grandfather was also very close to Kim Il
Sungs father(his father and grand father were honored as National Patriots by South Korean government for their fight against Japan), recognizing that there were many Americans who assisted Korea, agreed to review about Dr. Hulbert via the Social Science Academy(he was not aware of Dr. Hulbert and does not know if historians know of Dr. Hulbert), and further review about my proposal of honoring him a National Patriot.

We stayed in the Yanggakdo hotel(amazingly 48 stories) in the island of Daedong River like Yoido with beautiful views looking down Daedong river. The facility was not that great but acceptable for the stay.
There was 9 hole par 3 golf course just in front of the hotel and I played once in the morning in crisp air, which was so great though the green was terrible.
For your reference, the US vessel, General Sherman, tried to anchor in Pyongyang around the hotel location in 1866 but at the governments instruction the vessel was set fire by soldiers and citizens of Pyongyang. I think Korea should have opened the door to western society at that time, then Korea could have not been tortured by neighboring countries of Russia, China and Japan like that in late 19th century.

Sorry, I can not elaborate everything over here. I will give more story when I come across to you.

For photos, pls visit website Korean version at 통신 - 자료실.

Hoping to see you soon,

Best regards, DJ

헐버트의 숭고한 한국 사랑 정신을 헐버트박사기념사업회가 이어가겠습니다.

후원 안내 보러가기

▪ 무단 복사,전재,인용 금지

본 사이트에 게재된 글, 이미지, 기타 모든 자료는 본 기념사업회의 허락 없이는 복사, 전재, 인용해서는 안됩니다.

위 복사,전재,인용을 위해서는 사전에 메일 혹은 전화로 미리 연락해 주시기 바랍니다.

본 사이트는 아이티실크로드(주)에서 제작/기증하였습니다.

www.itsilkroad.com
대표 임석록, 개발실장 김순민

구한말, 조선이 기울어 가고 열강의 싸움터가 된 국가에 초빙 교사로 오신 헐버트 박사님은 한민족의 가능성을 꿰뚫어 보시고 한민족을 끔찍이 사랑하신 선각자였습니다.

늘상 마음의 빚이 있었고, 조그마한 성의라도 보탤 방법이 없을까 고심하던 차에, 낡은 홈페이지가 제대로 열리지 않고 모바일에서 열람이 불가능한 것을 알고 부족한 역량이나마 새 홈페이지의 개발 및 기증을 자원하게 되었습니다.

헐버트 박사가 보여 주신 업적도 뛰어나지만,사재를 털어 평생 헐버트 박사님의 생애를 연구하시고 자료를 발굴하면서 동분서주 하신 김동진 회장님께도 깊은 경의를 표하고 싶습니다.

근대화의 여명기에 한민족의 독립과 발전을 위하여 혼신의 힘을 다하였고, 한국의 잠재적 역량을 발굴하고 희망과 용기를 주신 헐버트 박사의 기념 사업에 여러분을 초대하고 싶습니다.

조그마한 후원금, 재능기부라도 기념사업회에 큰 힘이 됩니다.

많은 분들의 동참을 기대해 봅니다.

감사합니다.

IT-Silkroad(주) 대표 임석록
Email : help@itsilkroad.com